Pages

Monday 6 April 2015

Shusssssssh!



I feel like a neglectful momma, my absence as been duly noted and dealt with.

I sort of got lost in my backlog of 'books I really had to buy as I really want to read them'.  I have a habit of going through my wish list and buying books, that although may look good on my bookshelf, were actually bought to read.  So I have had a literary-fest and have been losing myself in my books.

It is surprising to find that books I have on my Amazon wish list are actually sitting on my shelf at home (I know, I am a hoarder).  This tells me I have a problem and really need to get my bookshelves organised and possibly data based.  
I admit to having two 6 foot high bookcases, with every shelf at least two books deep of books that I own.  

My taste in reading is so varied that I could probably use section makers like Waterstones do.  Alas I just pile them wherever I happen to find a space and so have a jumble of titles, authors and subjects as varied as Oscar Wilde right through to Darren Shan.  I have Idiot's guides through to Richard Dawkins, Terry Pratchett to HH The Dalai Lama.  

I hate to admit that I also have boxes of books in my loft, under my bed and in my spare room.  But I just cannot bare to get rid of books.  Some I must admit I have passed on to charity shops, jumble sales, friends and family, but only the books I have little interest in or have not enjoyed.  I still have my collection of Enid Blyton's Famous Five books somewhere.  

So I have been in hibernation with my books, and as the days get warmer I will be found in my garden with a book in my hand and my dogs by my side and a cup of capuccino. 

By this time next year I may have even got through one shelf of books if I am lucky enough to have the time, as there is always tarot to distract me from my wordy friends......  Oh, and don't get me started about my Kindle.

Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible (well, when I finish the chapter I'm reading).











No comments:

Post a Comment